Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Old Navy's Tip Toe

Today I offer you the good side of buying off-brand polish from major retail chains! I give you "Marine" by Old Navy's Tip Toe line:
Being named "Tip Toe", it's obvious that this product is marketed for pedicures. And despite the reputation pedicure polishes have for being chippy, I had this puppy on for 3 days without a top coat, with only minimal flaking at the tips. Impressive.
I also really love the color. Though it didn't capture well in these pics, this is a near-black navy. The high gloss finish did a great job of letting the blue only reflect at a certian angle, which gave it a unique effect.


Ratings:


Application:
7 out of 10. Nice, smooth application, with minimal pooling. The brush was a bit stiff though.

Color: 8 out of 10. Very cool near-black navy.

Clean-up: 5 out of 10. Although it came off nails easily with none-acetone remover, it left a blue tint on the dry-patches on my hands, which took much scrubbing to banish.

Appearance: 7 out of 10. I love the color, but it could use just a little more durability, and a more ergonomic bottle and better quality brush would be a bonus.


Tomorrow I start with my Halloween trends!

No comments:

Post a Comment